1. Julie L
    February 19, 2018 @ 6:16 am

Thanks Suzy ! Sometimes I try to ignore some of these issues but that certainly has not helped! I am a big believer in Retin A and a really good dermatologist. I Plan to try the pads you mention for spots. You cannot laser your whole body!? HA. Have a good week! Julie L

February 19, 2018 @ 10:53 am

Julie,
      I love Retin A too and am so happy that it’s OTC now! I tried laser once but was such a wimp about the pain, I’m not sure I’ll do it again, but a good dermatologist can make all the difference in the world. Thanks for your sweet comment! xoxo Suzy

2. Donna
    February 19, 2018 @ 8:43 am

“It’s always something!” Who said that…Gilda Radner? I just thought it fit a lot of situations. Oh yeah, this getting older is not bad except for the chin hairs, thinning hair (pink scalp, anyone?), an age spot that was on my cheek and is now below my chin line, losing all the fat on the back of your hands and looking like a crone. However, I would not go back for anything…I’ve worked too hard to get where I am. Suzy, you always look fab and are a good source of products that are excellent for taking care of our bodies, no matter our age. I so appreciate your encouraging and uplifting posts.

February 19, 2018 @ 10:57 am

Donna,
      Thank you so much for your sweet comment! Yep, it really is always something. I am constantly amazed at how I never thought about these kinds of things when I was younger. Isn’t it funny how we don’t appreciate youth when we have it?! In my next post, I’m going to talk about thinning hair, chin hairs, and probably aging hands too. I am with you on aging, though. I wouldn’t want to go back, and I’m thankful for the wisdom that comes with aging. If it comes along with a few other issues, it’s okay! xoxo Suzy

3. Beth
    February 19, 2018 @ 11:51 am

Great tips. My latest issue is droopy and sagging upper eye lid skin. Do firming eye creams work? Also how to disguise them with makeup. Thanks!

February 20, 2018 @ 9:41 pm

Beth,
      Ohhh, that’s a tough one. I am not convinced that firming eye creams work. I have heard that the upper eyelid lift is actually the MOST common plastic surgery procedure women get these days, so if it really bothers you, it might be worth checking into. As far as makeup for it goes, I would just be sure you’re using a good primer and highlighting your brow bone for lift. If you don’t consider surgery, it might be worth making an appointment with a makeup artist (not one in a store that will try to sell you something, but rather a freelance makeup artist)who could give you some tips. If you want me to talk to mine here in Dallas and see if she could schedule something via skype (not sure where you live), please email me at suzy@emptynestblessed.com, and I will be happy to try and connect you two. I hope you talk to a good Dermo about this. Please let me know what you learn! Thanks for your comment. xoxo Suzy

4. Brigit
    February 20, 2018 @ 10:40 am

I have thin lips and use the lipliner trick. It works! I am concerned about lip lines though. I can’t bring myself to get lip injections. I’ve seen too many that look funny????????. Thanks for the tips!
    Brigit

February 20, 2018 @ 9:47 pm

Brigit,
      I agree that the lip volumizing injections look kinda funny, but I have had friends who specifically had the tiniest bit of Juvederm filler injected right into those vertical lines around their mouths. It looks fabulous and is definitely something I would consider. Thanks so much for the comment! xoxo Suzy

5. Nancy
    February 20, 2018 @ 8:27 pm

Hi Suzy,
    Wow I had no idea Retin A is OTC. I believe I stopped using it over 5 years ago when it was a prescription. I recently had microblading done on my eyebrows and was advised not to use Retin A to ensure the microblading doesn’t fade away. My neck is my concern now. My eyes seem to pinpoint on it.
    Thanks for the great tips!!
    Nancy

February 20, 2018 @ 9:50 pm

Nancy,
      I know! I was overjoyed when I found out it was! I think you should try it on your neck. I use mine there! It just speeds cell turnover and exfoliation, revealing new, fresh skin underneath. I’m all for that! How do you like the microblading? Thanks for commenting! xoxo Suzy

• Nancy Lacke
        February 23, 2018 @ 9:10 pm

Oh my gosh! Great idea regarding neck – thank you! It took until the 6 week touch up before I loved the microblading. I now wake up in the AM with eyebrows.

February 24, 2018 @ 2:11 pm

Nancy,
          Thank you so much! I can’t wait to see a neck selfie from you! xoxo Suzy