1. EmptyNestBlessed
    August 18, 2017 @ 12:50 pm

Melody,
    Thanks for the encouragement and wise words. Isn’t it funny how we plan to do something but the tyranny of the urgent just takes over? I’m as guilty as anyone there! Have a wonderful weekend! xoxo Suzy

2. EmptyNestBlessed
    August 20, 2017 @ 3:38 pm

Aw, Donna, how sweet! I am not sure if I’ve conquered it, but I am trying to be content and bloom where I am planted, that’s for sure. The Lord has a plan for all of our lives, and this latter third is full of blessings AND challenges, just like every other stage, don’t you think? Thanks so much for your kind and encouraging words. xoxo Suzy

3. EmptyNestBlessed
    August 20, 2017 @ 4:28 pm

NYLA, Thank you so much for sharing those words of wisdom from just beyond where many of the new empty nesters are sitting right now. It DOES get better, doesn’t it? Your words were so encouraging and I so grateful you shared them with us. I’m so glad you and your husband are enjoying the sweetness of your time together and those 7 wonderful grands!!! WOW! What a blessing. xoxo Suzy

4. EmptyNestBlessed
    September 24, 2017 @ 9:39 pm

Julia,
    Aw, so sweet! You’re so welcome. I hope you’re doing okay! It’s a big change and you just need to give it time. I have lots of other posts on the empty nest under the “empty nest” tab in my navigation bar on the website. Also, there are some great resources I recommend in the “New Empty Nesters” section on the dropdown under the “Resources” tab. I hope they help! Thinking of you. Please stay in touch! xoxo Suzy

5. Crystal L Cheney
    August 14, 2019 @ 6:32 pm

I am stuck in this journey. It has been 7 years but my son didn’t leave the going off to college way. I woke up to my husband dead 20 years ago. My son was 2 and actually he woke me up and said Daddy’s still sleeping. I never let him see me cry. My son is HFA which makes this all the more hard. I wound up in a sanitarium since I have been since 13 years old. My son was a wonderful child but after the shot he got at 14 he just wasn’t right after that. We made as plan while there he said “I am literal and she is emotional”. So we made a plan and he said one day “If you love me you’ll send me away” at 15 1/2 and for 4 years while he was in 3rd to 7th grade at Kurn Hattin which movie stars kids go there he had to go do to the violence and drugs at our complex and him being bullied everyday. So at the end of that he said he was bullied there and I’m like that’s one of the main reasons I sent you there why didn’t you tell me. I know my son loves me because he told me but he makes few attempts to come see me. I want to be better at being an adults mom. You would think with that time although my son came home every 2 weeks and summers was home. He remarked one day well you weren’t there for most of my life that hurt because everything I did was for him. I just want him to visit more. They wouldn’t even take money they said I needed it more than them. I just feel I failed and he’s getting me back for his past. Can you tell me how to move on?

August 14, 2019 @ 8:06 pm

Crystal,
      I am so sorry to hear of your struggles. I am not a professional counselor, and I think that is what you need. Your son is an adult and you need to be able to move forward in your life as an individual just like he does. Please reach out to someone who is more qualified to help you than I am. xoxo Suzy