1. Rochelle Street
    August 27, 2018 @ 8:20 am

Absolutely spectacular photos. We certainly live in an amazing
    country. I think sometimes we get so bogged down with all of the negativity that we neglect yonder all of the magnificence & loveliness that God has given to us. Thanks for sharing all of the travel points and tips. Alaska has been our “to go” list forever. This was incredibly helpful and inspiring. Be blessed and be a blessing!!

August 27, 2018 @ 10:19 am

Rochelle,
      Thank you so much for your precious comment! You are so right that we can get bogged down by the world and its craziness sometimes. Alaska really helped me to pull back and gain perspective! I do hope you’ll consider a trip there! I think you’d love it. Thanks for reading Empty Nest Blessed and taking the time to leave a comment. xoxo Suzy

2. Nancy Lacke
    August 27, 2018 @ 8:52 am

Hi Suzy,
    Not sure if you had time in Seattle to go to tour the original (old) Seattle. So very interesting on the beginnings of the city which were situated at sea level.
    I’m not a cruising fan, but love your story of cruising on a smaller line. Saving this Alaska trip for my bucket list.
    Thanks!!!
    Nancy <3

August 27, 2018 @ 10:24 am

Nancy,
      We didn’t have time to go to “old” Seattle but I bet it’s fascinating! We certainly wished we’d had a few more days there. It’s an eclectic city, for sure! I think you’d love Alaska, but you should know that the smaller ships do experience more movement than the larger ones. Nobody is worse about motion sickness than I am, but these homeopathic patches (http://bit.ly/2KQoFXq) really worked for me and I used the sea bands on my wrists when the motion picked up. (It was usually at night and we were so exhausted we slept right through it!) Thanks so much for your comment! xoxo Suzy

3. Debra
    August 27, 2018 @ 9:41 am

Great travel post! Alaska is definitely on our list. Have you been to Butchart Gardens? If not, you must go the next time you are near it!

August 27, 2018 @ 10:25 am

Debra,
      We almost went to Buchart Gardens but then we became convicted by the fact that we even haven’t been to the Dallas Arboretum in years and it’s right in our own city (!), so we opted to do other things! I think you’d love Alaska! Thanks so much for your comment and I’m so glad you liked the post! xoxo Suzy

4. Bonna Nichols
    August 27, 2018 @ 10:03 am

We have done Alaska 3 times once with Holland America and twice with Princess. Two were land and sea adventures and the last just the cruise. Our last cruise was for our 50th anniversary and we took all four of our children and their spouses with us. It was a wonderful way to celebrate and spend some real quality family time. I enjoy your blog and your insta!

August 27, 2018 @ 10:33 am

Bonna,
      Wow! You are a veteran Alaska cruiser! Thank you so much for your kind words about Empty Nest Blessed and about my Instagram! You are so sweet. I think a cruise is a GREAT multi-generational trip! When our kids were younger, my parents took all of the kids and grandkids on a Disney cruise in the Caribbean and it is a memory we all still cherish. What a wonderful gift to your family! Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I’m grateful! xoxo Suzy

5. Suzanne Stavert
    August 27, 2018 @ 11:15 am

I love all of your wonderful Alaskan details! Those glaciers and whales! Seattle is amazing too! So glad you enjoyed it!

August 27, 2018 @ 2:44 pm

Suzanne,
      It means the world to me that you liked the post! So grateful to you for the Seattle help. I love your blog and I love that you’re an example of an empty nester who followed her heart, who was brave enough to take on the blogosphere (!), and who is out there making a difference and blessing others! Good job, sister! xoxo Suzy

6. Suzy
    April 29, 2019 @ 12:07 pm

This is great – giving it to hubby to read, too. We are going on an Alaskan cruise this summer – my very first cruise. I have always been afraid I would spend all that money and then be seasick the entire way. I get horrendously seasick. But I have heard people say this is God’s country so for my 71’st birthday I’m cruising to see it. I always thank God in my prayers every night for walking this road with me. I saw Titanic so having God along with me will be a blessing! Thanks again for this post. I always think oh, this is my favorite of Suzy’s posts but then I read another and love that too. I save all of your posts in a file I call Suzy’s Blessings and refer back to them often. Thanks again and have a blessed day!

April 29, 2019 @ 1:00 pm

Suzy,
      Well you are just the sweetest! That really means a lot to me! I think you will love Alaska and you will be in awe of the Heavenly Father who created such grandeur! I am very seasick prone too, so I hope you’ll take both some homeopathic and doctor prescribed treatments with you when you go. They will make you feel like you’re doing all you can, and I think you’ll find you relax and enjoy it more! Thanks for your comment! xoxo Suzy