1. Cathy
    January 11, 2019 @ 4:54 am

I make life priority lists like this pretty often. Because when things get out of whack, that usually means I’m not living my priorities. And My Side of 50 can sure get to the top of the list quickly and it doesn’t belong there. I really try to put health right below God and before husband and family because if I don’t take care of myself I have nothing for them. Of course, I don’t ignore them or to do that. But what that means for me is daily exercise (which they all respect that time) and making sure I have healthy food in the house and prepared. It’s a balancing act FOR SURE. Thanks for the reminder!

January 11, 2019 @ 7:39 am

Cathy,
      You’re doing such a great job of balancing everything! Balance and flexibility can be critical when it comes to living our lives well. I can tend to be inflexible and unbalanced, and it’s something I pray about and work on all the time! Thanks so much for sharing your process! Happy Friday! xoxo Suzy

2. Suzanne
    January 11, 2019 @ 12:48 pm

Thank you for this great advice. I really needed this post and appreciate you sharing what works for you. I like the idea of identifying non-negotiables and plan on doing this for myself. I am also going to follow your advice and make a list of my current priorities based on how I am investing my time and another aspirational/goal list of how to spend my time more reflective of my true priorities. Sounds like I have some soul searching to do this weekend! 🙂

January 11, 2019 @ 12:58 pm

Suzanne,
      You are so sweet! I hope you find it a rewarding exercise! I kind of do it mentally every single day just to hold myself accountable! Have a wonderful weekend and thanks so much for your comment! xoxo Suzy

3. martha
    January 11, 2019 @ 7:51 pm

Thanks for good ideas in this post! I especially like your idea of being honest with ourselves and making a non-negotiable list. Sometimes my Today list looks really great, right up until the end of the day when I see not much really got done, it just looked good! And, I like the reminder to “build each day the night before.” I do believe health has to be way up there, if it goes, so does the list! ????

January 12, 2019 @ 6:44 am

Martha,
      You are so right! If our health goes, the list goes out the window! Especially as we age, health needs to move higher up the list of non-negotiables. I’m so happy you liked the post! Thank you so much for reading and for leaving a comment. This is something we all struggle with, for sure. Thanks so much for reading and commenting! xoxo Suzy

4. Teri
    January 11, 2019 @ 8:32 pm

Understanding the “Commodity of Time” is probably the most important part of this post. Thank you!

January 12, 2019 @ 6:46 am

Teri,
      I’m so glad you think so. I think if we really understand that, it goes a long way toward helping us be good stewards of our time and look at wisely! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! xoxo Suzy

5. Kellie
    January 24, 2019 @ 12:17 pm

Suzy,
    I enjoyed this post! I would like to hear more about how you run your household and keep up with those things in your home. Even though the kids are gone, this still seems to be a never ending challenge.
    I would also like to hear more about ways to use those “little minutes.”
    Thanks as always for your informative posts!

January 24, 2019 @ 12:42 pm

Hi Kellie!
      Thanks so much for your comment and I’m so glad you enjoyed the post! You’re right, keeping up with our household is a never-ending challenge, for sure! I’ll give your ideas some serious thought! Thank you so much! xoxo Suzy

6. Susan
    January 24, 2019 @ 3:38 pm

Suzy, I cannot tell you how grateful I am that you threw down the gauntlet of an idea that being late is stealing someone else’s time. That is a distinct perspective I wish I had encountered so much earlier in my life (and that so many who have known me would likewise wish!). Although I have always struggled with tardiness and had somewhat lately renewed my efforts to combat it, that stark idea and understanding has hit me like such a bolt of lightning – in a way that thunder had not been able to do – that I find I can no longer go forward the way I have before. Your simple statement has made a very real, very positive difference for me and for those with whom I interact. I was ready to hear, and God inspired you to speak. Thank you for listening to Him.
    On a lighter note, a dishwasher can be emptied in only 3 to 5 minutes, which just happens to be the time it takes to steep the reward of a lovely cup of tea! (That amount of time is also usually sufficient to sort through the day’s mail, after which one can enjoy said cup of tea while perusing the favorite catalog that arrived, or to wash that sink full of dishes!) Cheers!

January 24, 2019 @ 4:08 pm

Susan,
      Thank you so much for your kind comment! Our time is the most precious thing we have to give, and managing it will is no joke! I am so unworthy, but yet grateful, that the Lord used me as His vessel in speaking truth to you! It speaks so well of you that you were ready to receive it! Dishwasher/Tea – I love it! Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. Blessings! xoxo Suzy