1. Carol Slover
    May 8, 2019 @ 6:47 am

Loved this post. Since we are in the middle of “shower land” at our house with 2 brides-to-be (our daughter and our son’s fiancé) it was fun to see how this shower was done. Showers have changed, but maybe more lovely now than in our day? Precious celebration with precious friends come with joy and tears. Happy you got to experience that with Becca. I’m savoring these bridal shower days (one weekend 2 showers in 2 different towns for our 2 brides-to-be!) as our summer wedding are upon us (June 1 and August 3)!

May 8, 2019 @ 6:53 am

Carol,
      You are one busy wedding mama! I know you cherish these sweet events, and I’m so happy for your family and am looking forward to seeing the photos and sharing in your joy! I’m so glad you liked the post. Thank you so much for letting me know. xoxo Suzy

2. Cathy Sisk
    May 8, 2019 @ 7:58 am

Hi Suzy – Cute blog today— this is similar to my experience as a mom of 3 daughters having planned 2 weddings, numerous bridal showers, 30 year old b-day, baby showers…welcomed 3 grandsons with one on the way. I do more listening than advising – they have their own style and priorities and ways to make each occasion special –I have learned a lot from the millennials and am grateful to have a close relationship with my girls 🙂 I love your recommendation of Dear Daughter — I want to read it
    Have a blessed day – love your Etsy advice from the girls 🙂 Cathy

May 8, 2019 @ 9:57 am

Cathy,
      You’re a seasoned vet when it comes to dealing with the millennials, for sure! Thanks for sharing your experience and encouragement! You, espepcially will LOVE Dear Daughter! Congratulations on all of the grandbabies – what a precious gift! You’re so special, I know you’re the best grandmother! Thanks so much for your comment! xoxo Suzy

3. Betsie Z
    May 8, 2019 @ 8:12 am

Hi Suzy!
    Looks like your shower was a hit! This was a great post, so thank you very much for taking the time to describe every detail. I knew about a few of these things since I have a daughter who is married three years ago, and another daughter who will be a bridesmaid in her 4th wedding in June and 5th wedding in July! We also did a Mad Lib for the bride and groom that was downloaded from Etsy to put on the tables at the reception at my daughter’s wedding all the guests were waiting for the bride and groom to finish with their pictures. There are some really clever people in this world, aren’t there?
    It’s so sweet to encourage these younger women as they begin their married lives!
    Blessings to you!

May 8, 2019 @ 9:59 am

Betsie,
      I love the idea of the MadLibs at the wedding reception! What a great idea! Wow, you are so experienced and your daughter is practically a professional bridesmaid! I love that because when it comes time to plan her own wedding, she’ll know EXACTLY what she wants! Thank you so much for your comment and for sharing! xoxo Suzy

4. Cherie Walker
    May 8, 2019 @ 8:56 am

Great post, Suzy! We’ve been in full-fledged bridal shower mode at my house for the past few years (I’ve given three showers this Spring alone) and I’m really out of fresh ideas. I now feel so inspired!

May 8, 2019 @ 10:01 am

Cherie,
      Hahaha! I wish I would have had you for a reference – but I guess I really didn’t need you because my girls were SO on it! You really are a veteran – THREE this spring!!! Wowza! Thanks so much for leaving me a comment and for sharing! xoxo Suzy

5. Kay
    May 8, 2019 @ 10:55 am

I love this post, Suzy! Isn’t it amazing what our kids end up teaching us? Things have definitely changed, but I can tell that you also raised your daughter well. The fact that she and her friend wanted to keep the shower focused on the bride is so precious and gracious. And that’s what hospitality is all about, isn’t it?

I’ve tagged all those helpful sites you mentioned and plan to add them to my Pinterest boards. Plus, of course, I’ll pin this post, too. You’re wonderful!!

May 8, 2019 @ 11:20 am

Kay,
      Thank you so much for your kind and encouraging words! You are so precious! You hit the nail on the head – hospitality is about graciousness and thoughtfulness! Not polishing the silver and making the perfect meal! Thanks for the sweet reminder! xoxo Suzy

6. nylse
    May 8, 2019 @ 11:20 am

The parent becomes the student – that’s how we foster great relationships with our children! I loved this post. At first, my daughter didn’t want a bridal shower because the bridesmaids had already planned a girls weekend, but when she came to her shower and experienced it, she felt loved and special. That was the purpose all along.
    We can all learn from each other.

May 8, 2019 @ 11:24 am

Nylse,
      You are so right! It’s so important to humble ourselves and be open to learning – no matter where it comes from! The fact that it was from my daughter made it even more special, honestly! Thank you for your sweet comment! xoxo Suzy

7. Wendy Howard
    May 8, 2019 @ 4:45 pm

so sweet Suzy! Thanks for sharing those great ideas! I clicked on the invitation and had to chuckle that their sample said “West Plam Beach, Florida” Ha ha Be sure to proofread before ordering!

May 8, 2019 @ 5:35 pm

Wendy,
      Thank you so much! I’m so glad you liked the post! I know you’re a veteran bridal mom, so I’m sure none of this was a suprprise to you! Thanks for your comment and for reading! xoxo Suzy

8. Rochelle Street
    May 9, 2019 @ 8:08 am

Wow,Suzy, I can so relate to this!! We have been in that season of life for awhile where showers abound!!! Bridal and then 2-3 years later baby!! ????❤️???????? These young ladies KNOW how to “ throw a do!!” I’ve learned a LOT along the exact same line as you. They are all so caring & precious. Not a hostess apron ( remember our Moms & Grandmas wearing these?!) or glass luncheon set ( fancy shaped plate with section for a cup) in sight anywhere!!! But ALWAYS beautifully done with style, ease and love. Adores the photos…got a few ,oh so similar ,with my own circle of amazing young women!!! Be blessed and be a blessing!!! Rochelle-STILL hosting and attending great showers in Iowa. ☺️????????‍????????????☕️????????

May 9, 2019 @ 9:05 am

Rochelle,
      Thanks for your sweet comment and I’m so glad you can relate! I love it that we can learn from our daughters, don’t you? Thanks so much for reading and commenting! xoxo Suzy

9. LeAna
    May 9, 2019 @ 3:31 pm

Looks like a beautiful, loving and fun day for all. Congratulations!

May 10, 2019 @ 6:08 am