1. Suzana Barton
    August 6, 2019 @ 8:40 am

Suzy, this was a really helpful post. I’ve never thought about packing a tiny luggage scale. Also, when I read this I realized our backpacks need to stay in our suitcases.
    Great post!
    ~Suzana Barton

August 6, 2019 @ 10:31 am

Suzana,
      Wow! Thank you so much! That really means a lot to me! I’m so happy it was helpful!
      Have a great day!

2. Audrey Sheppard
    August 6, 2019 @ 2:19 pm

Good tips! We’ve been on several cruises. I’m chemically sensitive and paler than pale, so I wear UPF shirts. This eliminates the need for sunscreen on at least part of my body! Also, for seasickness, MotionEaze is good. It’s made from all-natural oils, and you just dab a little on behind the ears. I’ve only been seasick once, on the first cruise we took, and it really helped!

August 6, 2019 @ 3:56 pm

Audrey,
      I’m so sorry you have to deal with the chemical sensitivity. I’m all about UPF shirts and I wore them, but they made me so hot. (And we were already there at a really hot time of the year!) That’s why I’m doing the umbrella next time! Thanks for the MotionEase recommendation. Here’s a link in case anyone want to give it a try or add it to the arsenal I already suggested! Hahahaha! (https://rstyle.me/+lWskVyNbEvfI-VgJsTNSRg) I did try it once on our Alaska cruise, but the smell was so strong, people in our tour group kept asking, “Who has the smelly motion-sick stuff on?” Hahahaha! That’s why I haven’t used it since and didn’t put it in my list. But I agree with you – IT DID HELP! if you’re as sensitive as you are, it sounds like a great option. Thanks so much for your thoughtful comment, sweet Audrey! xoxo Suzy

3. Shannon Leyerle
    August 6, 2019 @ 10:53 pm

Cruises are so relaxing! I love not having to stress about where to eat or what to do. One new tip I’m going to try on my next cruise is to use small battery-powered candles at night, because the cabins are so dark at night. Love reading about your cruise!

August 7, 2019 @ 5:03 am

Shannon,
      I’m so happy that you enjoyed the post! I love your tip about the battery-powered candles! You’re right, those cabins are super dark at night! I do have some friends who bring night lights with them, but I like your idea so much better! Thanks for your comment! xoxo Suzy