1. Kay
    August 8, 2019 @ 6:39 am

I love this post, Suzy. These are all the things I love about my empty nest life, too. I especially love watching my kids be the adults they were meant to be, too. Up until recently we lived a long ways from both of our children, but knowing that they are where they are supposed to be doing what they were created to do makes the distance quite bearable. I’ve also really liked investing more in and enjoying my marriage.

August 8, 2019 @ 9:49 am

Kay,
      I’m so glad you enjoyed the post! Thank you for your comment! Yes, yes, yes! I’m right there with you! I’m enjoying my marriage so much in the empty nest too! (Although I do have to hear all of the sports analysis, now that our boys don’t live at home 🤣!)

2. Angie
    August 8, 2019 @ 9:27 am

Thank you for this post. I’m getting ready to drop my youngest off at college on Sunday! The grief is hitting me hard right now. I actually found your blog one night at 3 am when I couldn’t sleep thinking about lol the big changes we had coming up in our life. I already have my Disney trip planned for October 😀 and have consciously tried to plan something fun for my husband and I to do together each month this fall. I will enjoy reading your articles and exploring the resources you linked. Thanks again!

August 8, 2019 @ 9:53 am

Angie,
      Your precious comment made me teary! My heart goes out to you and I totally understand what you are feeling right now. Hang in there , Mama! Finish strong, don’t fall apart when your kid can see you, and give it time. You can do it! I’ll be praying for you, and I’m so glad you found Empty Nest Blessed. Thank you for taking the time to share your story! (Oh, and you’re going to have a BLAST at Disney!)
      xoxo

• Angie
        August 8, 2019 @ 10:37 am

Thanks for your kind reply. Your blog is just what the doctor ordered and I will share it with some of my dear friends who are walking this road right now with me. My husband and I are Disney fanatics, but this will be our first time there without kids. I know it will be a great time to reconnect and just have fun. I read that your mission was to encourage and inspire empty nesters and you are doing just that. Thanks so much!

August 8, 2019 @ 1:13 pm

Angie,
          Aw, you must have the gift of encouragement! You made my day! Thank you!💗

3. Wendy Howard
    August 8, 2019 @ 7:33 pm

OH My! Where do I begin? Quiet CLEAN house. Laundry only once a week. Freedom! I don’t have to cook–Steve is happy eating whatever. I don’t have to feel guilty about going to a fun place to read and drink coffee. I love the Watermark church lobby and porch. AND as you said, more resources to travel and take all our adult kids on trips.

August 8, 2019 @ 8:33 pm

Wendy,
      I say “AMEN” to everything you just said. I know I, for one, woefully underestimated how much I would love it! At first, I think I equated enjoying the empty nest to being a bad mom who didn’t miss her kids or something. Nothing could be further from the truth! I am so happy you love it as much as I do! Hugs to you!