1. TinaD
    October 15, 2019 @ 8:29 am

Morning, Suzy. Two questions: 1) I love your long statement necklaces, but I’m a 36DD, so I always feel like long chains fall off the edge of the shelf and swing free, so to speak, emphasizing what I’ve got. Any tips for necklace selection in that case? 2) There’s a version of the front tuck I love, where the whole front of a button-down gets tucked in flat and the tails are left to hang free in the back. This requires a button-down with a deep split seam at the sides. When I see the look online, the shirt is usually Comme de Garçons or something equally eye-wateringly expensive; have you perchance come across less luxe alternatives?

October 15, 2019 @ 12:30 pm

Hi Tina,
      Thank you so much for reading and for such good questions! For the shirt, I would try this one: https://rstyle.me/cz-n/dtrnb8b64y7
      It is longer in front than in the back, but it may still work for you! Scroll through all of the photos before you order to get a 360 view! If you don’t like it, try this one: https://rstyle.me/+0sJxo1yGcN55YctLnJt-WA Hopefully one of those two will work for you! (But you may have to try a few!)
      Okay, with the necklaces, I would go for a layered look that hangs above the bustline. The inexpensive way to do this is to combine a few you already have (yes, you can even mix metals!), or if you want something that’s already layered for you, you might like this one: https://rstyle.me/+YxusnfSAyUDEc8oz5MsA0A (coin necklaces are huge right now) or this one: https://rstyle.me/+16c4UAapUnvkrt7yl90DOA.
      I hope that helps!

• TinaD
        October 15, 2019 @ 2:05 pm

See? I knew you’d have good leads! Thanks, and I love your blog—so upbeat.

October 15, 2019 @ 2:09 pm

Tina,
          You are just the sweetest! Thank you! I’m so glad you’re here.
          xoxo

2. Andy
    October 15, 2019 @ 9:30 am

Girl, I need a video tutorial on that front tuck! LOL. You make it all look so effortless. Love all your styles and smiles!

October 15, 2019 @ 9:58 am

Hi Andy,
      Thanks so much for your comment! I just put one on my Instastory!
      xoxo

3. Cherie
    October 15, 2019 @ 10:15 am

Love all these tips, Suzy! I’d like to add “stand/sit up straight and exude confidence – even if you have to fake that confidence for all it’s worth”!

October 15, 2019 @ 10:19 am

Cherie,
      That is brilliant – and we could all use the reminder! Attitude is so important!!!
      Thank you so much!

4. Martha
    October 15, 2019 @ 3:49 pm

These are good tips and advice, thank you!

October 15, 2019 @ 4:57 pm

Martha,
      I’m so glad you found it helpful! Thanks for taking a minute to leave a comment and thank me. That’s so sweet of you and I really appreciate it!

5. Wendy
    October 15, 2019 @ 5:11 pm

Oh my goodness! I’ve struggled with the half tuck for so long!!! Thank you!!!

October 15, 2019 @ 5:55 pm

Wendy,
      Yay! You are so welcome! There’s a video tutorial on my Instastory too! (But it will disappear by about midday tomorrow!)
      xoxo

6. Lori
    October 16, 2019 @ 3:29 pm

Thanks for all the great tips! I’m working on adding more color to my wardrobe. Somehow I’ve ended up with most of my clothing either black, navy or charcoal.
    Question about pushing sleeves above the elbow – won’t that permanently stretch out the cuffs on the sweater/sweatshirt?

October 16, 2019 @ 5:35 pm

HI Lori!
      Thanks for your great question! I haven’t really had that problem, but that could be because I pretty much machine wash everything (including cashmere)! If it gets stretched out, it is always fine after I wash it. I hope that helps! Thank you so much for reading and following Empty Nest Blessed!
      xoxo