1. Kay
    January 2, 2020 @ 7:13 am

I couldn’t agree with you more about us gals having so much more potential than we estimate, even at this stage of life. I love what you’re doing with this series, Suzy. Thanks so much for encouraging women of our age to press on. I love that you’re giving real and practical tips to help us overcome the obstacles holding us back. I already have a similar health/nutrition/fitness program in place, but I’m glad to hear about Noom. I’d heard of it but didn’t know how it worked. Sounds great! Happy New Year!🎊

January 2, 2020 @ 11:42 am

Kay,
      Thanks so much for your sweet comment! I’m so glad you’ve found something that works for you! Happy New Year!

2. Laura Thal
    January 2, 2020 @ 9:46 am

Hi Suzy, I love that you’re promoting NOOM. It is such a great program. The first two weeks are free and then the monthly fee is $45, about the same as Weight Watchers but if you sign up for four months, the fee is $120. I signed up for four months in October to lose 20 pounds and get me through the holidays without my usual weight gain. I have lost 16 pounds so far with a plateau during Christmas. What is more important is that I have learned about why/when I overeat and have become a more mindful eater. I actually am enjoying eating and cooking more too. Plus it’s fun to buy new clothes and my friend Suzy always knows the best sales! Keep up the good work, and good luck to my fellow empty nesters however they pursue their wellness journey.

January 2, 2020 @ 11:46 am

Hey Laura,
      Thanks for your comment and I’m so glad you’ve enjoyed Noom! Isn’t the psychological approach wonderful? It helps so much to understand we tend to overeat. (It’s different for everyone!) I’m so glad you’re having fun buying some new clothes and I’m thrilled to be able to help you find the deals! Big high fives from me, gilr!!!!

3. Theresa
    January 3, 2020 @ 8:09 pm

I\’m a couple days late reading this, but it was definitely the pep talk I needed as I face the home stretch of studying for the LSAT, which I\’ll take in just over a week. At the age of 50, now that my kids are both out of college and on their own, I have decided to apply to law school. I decided way back when to defer my career and raise my kids full time in our often crazy Navy family lifestyle. Now that the time has come, I confront the fears and doubts every day: Am I too old to start from the beginning? Will I have enough energy to see this through? Will I ever feel like I belong with all the students half my age? How will my family adapt to this completely different role for me? I\’m really looking forward to this series to help me remember that I AM made for more and that HE provides exactly what I need.

January 4, 2020 @ 8:49 am

Theresa,
      I literally did a happy dance as I read your comment! Wow! I am so proud of you. You are an inspiration! Finish strong as you study, and slay that LSAT! You have a tribe of women over 50 who are cheering you on from the sidelines – and I am leading the cheers! 🎉🤸🏻‍♀️💃🏻
      You were MADE for MORE!!!!
      Love and big hugs from me,