1. Betsie
    February 11, 2020 @ 7:26 am

Thanks for the informative post, Suzy! Ever since I had a skin reaction around my eyes after using “anti-aging” cream and foundation, I have cut back on personal products because I am afraid of a new reaction. My derm suggested only using “single ingredient” products as much as possible so that if I did have a reaction it would be easy to trace. Easier said than done!! I have switched to using Dove soap in the shower and simple coconut oil for moisturizing and also removing my eye makeup. I cut out most make up other than powder blush, eye liner and mascara, plus a little eyebrow darkener. I feel naked and blotchy, but my husband says he actually prefers my look now, so I guess that’s a plus! It’s also a plus to not have scaly and red blotches all around my eyes!! LOL! I am so tempted by the L’Occitane Almond shower oil and the shea butter hand cream…..I read the ingredients and neither product seems to have any anti-aging ingredients….would you agree? I need to do some further research.
    Happy Tuesday! Love your posts!

February 11, 2020 @ 10:20 am

Betsie,
      I’m not sure what to tell you! They are pretty basic products, and the brand does offer store credit for returns that have been opened, so you could always return them and grab a gift for someone if things didn’t work out. That said, I’m not sure which “anti-aging” Ingredients you reacted to, so it’s hard for me to say. I would feel terrible if you had a reaction! If you decide to try them, you could always start with a smaller size…💗 Let me know what you think if you try them!
      xoxo

2. nylse
    February 11, 2020 @ 10:07 am

Shea butter is a life saver – l’occitane is expensive and always feels like a treat, but pure shea butter feels like heaven. I buy mine from a beauty supply store (in the hood). I use butters and oils – no lotions to keep my skin soft (its a life long habit). But I don’t like coconut oil; it just doesn’t work for me.
    I also use serums on my face underneath my moisturizer(philosophy hope in a jar) which I’m never switching. I used to use No. 7 because that works but now I use this secret formula made with gold specks that my aesthetician hand makes. It’s marvelous.
    I think I’m going to get the cool mist humdifier for my husband.

February 11, 2020 @ 10:23 am

Nylse,
      Thank you for sharing such good info! Your skin is gorgeous!
      xoxo

• Beth
        February 11, 2020 @ 9:26 pm

What a great and helpful article that I will keep and use the information. I especially appreciate your tips. Thank you!

Beth

February 11, 2020 @ 10:03 pm

Beth,
          I’m so happy to hear that! Thank you for letting me know!
          xoxo