1. Jamie
    May 5, 2020 @ 10:45 am

Last August, my then 20 year old daughter had a wide local incision plus 2 lymph nodes removed for a stage 1b melanoma. A freckle/mole on her lower leg (she had since elementary school) got bigger and darker so she had it removed and biopsied. She is pale, not in the sun much and never had used a tanning bed. She had very few sunburns growing up. This was very unsettling even though all margins and lymph nodes came back clear. Pay attention and get skin checks!

May 5, 2020 @ 2:32 pm

Jamie,
      Such good advice! Thank you for sharing. I am so sorry to hear that. Melanoma is the dealiest cancer for young women ages 29-34. Yikes! These are our daughters. You may have saved a life by sharing your story today. Thank you so much. Love to you and your daughter!
      xoxo

2. Maureen
    May 5, 2020 @ 3:31 pm

My father passed of melanoma that had metastasized to the liver, brain and lungs. This was in October 2017.
    My father had had skin cancer on and off for over 30+ years. He had survived a heart attack when he was out of the country in 2010 and then a year and a half later he survived a stroke. He went for skin cancer screenings all the time. He had a number of MOHS procedures. On the Friday before Labor Day 2017 I made a statement to my mother that my father seemed a bit different. A younger sister (who is a nurse) and lives in the same town as my parents made the same comment to my mother. The following Tuesday the doctor sent him to the hospital for tests and well in four short weeks we lost my father. He was the husband to my mom for 56 yrs, the father of 7 and the grandfather to 12. He was loved by so many who knew him. I know I am saying this as his daughter and as the oldest of his 7 but I still miss him. He did everything right. He did not go out in the sun without a jacket or a hat. Not even a year after his passing I went for my yearly body scan and it was basal cell. I was very concerned as I wear a compression garment due to a DVT on that leg. I had a procedure and the next time I had a scan things were fine. Now I was supposed to have gotten a scan during this event but I have had to keep putting off. So hopefully when I am able to go (scheduled for next month–hopefully my state will be open then and I will be able to go), I hope that I will still be fine.

May 5, 2020 @ 3:56 pm

Maureen,
      I am so sorry to hear about your precious daddy! He sounds like such a wonderful man. Thank you for sharing your story with us.
      I hope you’ll be able to get that scan soon and I’m believing that you will be fine! Big (virtual) hugs to you, sweet girl.

3. Linda
    May 7, 2020 @ 6:24 am

Do you use à facial moisturizer with spf too?

4. Fitoru Ketone
    October 29, 2020 @ 7:51 am

Thank you for sharing this blog about your Sun Story, It’s inspirational and awareness of Skin cancer.

October 29, 2020 @ 8:24 am

Fitoru,
      I’m so glad you found it helpful!